We are created for great things. We are meant to live with a joy that penetrates the darkness of this world. We desire more from our relationships and experiences. We want to live a bold life. We crave a love that will never leave us. We are meant to experience life.
Summer Camp with Life Teen is an incredible opportunity to bring your teens into an incredible experience of life. For over 10 years, we’ve provided experiences at summer camp where your middle school youth and high school teens are able to able to be free and confident in themselves, develop new friendships with other teens from your parish, and encounter God working in their lives. This is the summer that you begin to experience a bigger and better life than you ever thought possible.
What should we expect at Tepeyac?
At Camp Tepeyac, teenagers will experience a rare collision of their Catholic faith and tons of fun activities. We know how to pray hard and we know how to play hard!
- Daily Mass
- Great music
- Inspiring, challenging talks
- Faith discussions in your parish pow-wow
- Eucharistic Adoration
- High Ropes Course
- Low Elements for Team Building
- 50 foot Tango Climbing Tower with 2 rock walls, a zip line, and 4 vertical challenges.
- Sports Court for basketball, volleyball
- Sand volleyball
- Hiking and Biking Trails
Who will lead our week of camp?
For over 10 years, Life Teen’s national staff has brought together remarkable teams to lead camps. We recruit and trains top Catholic college students to become the summer missionaries lead skits, logistics, and activities. Next, we invite the best and brightest Catholic speakers and musicians to work together as the host team for individual weeks.
Together, our national staff, summer missionaries, and host team work hard so that youth ministers and your parish chaperons can spend quality time with your teenagers. We have a range of activities and prayer experiences that are designed specifically to help you to connect with your parish group.
What is it like at Tepeyac?
Camp Tepeyac is a 60 acre camp high in the mountains of historic Prescott, Arizona. Summers at 6700 feet are warm and sunny. Because Tepeyac is surrounded by the expansive Prescott National Forest, the camp is undisturbed by the commotion of ordinary life. It feels good to be away from the busyness of home and with other groups of Catholic teens.
Where will we stay?
There are sixteen elevated cabins at the camp split between a girls and boys side of the camp. Each cabins sleep twelve people with six bunks and are 400 SF in size. The cabins have new wood floors and covered porches. Each cabin has electricity, heating, and ceiling fans. Bathrooms are in near by bathhouses on each side of the camp.
When are their openings for our parish?
- Camp Week 19 (Tepeyac): Life Teen – July 7-12, 2014
- Camp Week 20 (Tepeyac): Life Teen – July 13-18, 2014*
- Camp Week 21 (Tepeyac): Edge – July 21-26, 2014
*Note: this week runs Sunday-Friday due to Steubenville West conference in Tucson, AZ.
Scholarships for Campers
We are committed to helping youth from your parish make it to Tepeyac.
- Deadline for scholarship applications: February 22, 2014
- Applications can be submitted via email: email@example.com or mail: Life Teen, c/o Jon Givens, 13416 Olive Blvd., Chesterfield, MO 63017
- A maximum of two scholarships will be awarded per parish in order for us to help a greater number of parishes.
- Priority will be given to youth who have never been to camp before.
- You will be notified by February 28, 2014 whether or not your scholarship request has been awarded.
- Scholarship funds are for teens only. Unfortunately, we are not able to award scholarships to chaperones.
- Seminarians wishing to attend camp can contact Jon Givens at firstname.lastname@example.org for scholarship info.
If you have questions, please contact Jon Givens at email@example.com or 314-576-5366 ext. 30.